Oct 03, 2023
CIS 136 - Google IT Support Professional III
Lab/Lecture: Four lecture.
This is the last in a 3-class series at Coconino Community College aimed to have students earn the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. Students must complete the entire 3-class series (CIS 132, CIS 134, and CIS 136) in sequential order and within the shortest time-period possible (e.g. a consecutive Fall and Spring semester sequence). In addition to “passing” each class, students must meet all Google defined grading thresholds for quizzes and hands-on labs to complete the full program and receive the Google IT Support Professional Certificate.
In this class (CIS 136) students will complete the final two Google courses in the program; Course 4: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services and Course 5: IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts.
Students will be able to:
- apply best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization;
- understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers;
- understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization;
- examine an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP;
- justify the tools that your organization will use;
- understand how various encryption algorithms and techniques work as well as their benefits and limitations;
- describe various authentication systems and types;
- compare the difference between authentication and authorization;
- explain how to evaluate potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk;
- examine best practices for securing a network;
- discuss how to help others to grasp security concepts and protect themselves.
Prerequisite(s): CIS 134