Oct 02, 2023
AES 101 - Heritage and Values I
Lab/Lecture: One lecture.
This is a survey course designed to introduce students to the Department of the Air Force (DAF) and provides an overview of the basic characteristics, missions, communications and organization of the Air and Space Forces.
Students will be able to:
- describe afrotc mission and objectives;
- list the standards of appearance for afrotc cadets and importance of wearing a uniform;
- demonstrate the air force core values;
- identify proper grooming standards for afrotc cadets;
- list the organizational structure of the usaf and correct titles for military service members;
- describe rules for saluting, greeting, and reporting;
- outline historical perspective of military salute;
- describe courtesies extended to officers;
- describe air force customs that should be observed;
- outline and define the requirements of the military professions;
- demonstrate the concepts of officership and professionalism;
- identify process and practice types of military communication;
- identify various career specialties, pay benefits and opportunities available to air force officers.
Corequisite(s): Students interested in a future career in the Air Force have co-requisites: AES 111 and AES 250 or Consent of Instructor.