Oct 03, 2023
AES 112 - Aerospace Studies Leadership Lab
Lab/Lecture: Two lab.
Continuation of AES 111 . Development of personal leadership and managerial abilities. Examination and demonstration of Air Force customs and courtesies, drill and ceremonies, and standards of discipline and conduct. Per 10 U.S.C.2109(c)(1), Practical Military Training, “A person who is not qualified for, and…will not be able to become qualified for, advanced training (POC),…shall not be permitted to participate in…practical military training,” including LLAB. Students wanting to take AES 112 must be Air Force ROTC candidates at NAU.
Students will be able to:
- know the Air Force and AFROTC grade structure and insignia;
- know the Air Force and AFROTC Chain of Command;
- know the AFROTC Honor Code;
- apply proper courtesies and procedures associated with the United States flag;
- apply individual and flight drill positions;
- apply basic individual and flight drill movements;
- apply effective followership and teamwork skills;
- know the environment of an Air Force Officer;
- apply learned information during esprit de corps activities;
- comprehend the principles of the AFOATS Training Manual (ATM);
- apply leadership and followership skills through a cadet mentor program;
- know the principles of Air Force Health and Wellness;
- apply proper Air Force customs and courtesies;
- apply proper Air Force dress and grooming standards;
- know the proper procedures and history behind the Air Force Dining-In/Out;
- comprehend how to effectively execute all functions associated with the reveille (flag-raising) ceremony, retreat ceremony, and parade;
- apply the AFROTC Awards and Decorations program in a formal awards ceremony;
- comprehend issues and topics given in a Commander’s Call environment;
- physical Training (PT).
Corequisite(s): AES 102 and AES 250 or Consent of Instructor.
Grading Option: May be taken for S/U credit.