Oct 03, 2023
AES 212 - Aerospace Studies Leadership Lab
Lab/Lecture: Two lab.
Application of elements of personal leadership. Demonstration of command, effective communications, individual leadership instruction, physical fitness training, and knowledge of Air Force requirements. Per 10 U.S.C.2109(c)(1), Practical Military Training, “A person who is not qualified for, and will not be able to become qualified for, advanced training (POC),shall not be permitted to participate in…practical military training,” including LAB. Students wanting to take AES 211 must be Air Force ROTC candidates at NAU.
Students will be able to:
- apply effective followership and teamwork skills;
- know the environment of an Air Force Officer;
- apply correct guidon procedures during cadet drill & ceremonies practice and official functions;
- apply the principles of advanced individual and flight drill movements in Leadership Lab;
- apply the skills needed to be an effective flight commander;
- know road guard procedures;
- apply proper individual drill evaluation (IDE) procedures;
- know proper dorm maintenance procedures and requirements;
- know the mental, physical and administrative requirements of Field Training (FT);
- apply proper open ranks inspection procedures;
- know key personnel parade procedures.Know Field Training (FT) military decorum.Apply learned information during esprit de corps activities;
- comprehend the principles of the AFOATS Training Manual (ATM);
- apply leadership and followership skills through a cadet mentor program;
- know the principles of Air Force Health and Wellness;
- apply proper Air Force customs and courtesies;
- apply proper Air Force dress and grooming standards;
- know the proper procedures and history behind the Air Force Dining-In/Out;
- comprehend how to effectively execute all functions associated with the reveille (flag-raising) ceremony, retreat ceremony, and parade;
- apply the AFROTC Awards and Decorations program in a formal awards ceremony;
- comprehend issues and topics given in a Commander’s Call environment;
- physical Training (PT).
Corequisite(s): AES 202 and AES 250 or Consent of Instructor.
Grading Option: May be taken for S/U credit.